1) Call Ahead!! I now require an appointment for all pointe shoe fittings, except for pre-pointe shoes. If you come in without making an appointment, I most likely will not be available to fit you. Calling ahead will ensure my availability!
2) Ample Time!! Please allow ample time for a fitting. First time on pointe appointments will require approximately 2 hours! A 1-3 years on pointe may take 1 to 1.5 hours. If you are frequent customer you can expect to take only 15 to 30 minutes!!
3) Prepare Your Feet!! To avoid bruised toenails and allow for a proper and comfortable fit, your toenails should be clipped before you come. Cut them straight across and not rounded at the corners to avoid ingrown toenails. When you press on the end of your big toe, you should not feel the nail, only your skin.
4) What To Bring!! Always bring in your last pair of pointe shoes or the ones you are currently wearing, including all toe pads, spacers etc. This cuts down drastically on the time it takes to fit another pair and helps to ensure a proper fit!
5) What to Wear!! Please don't wear tight jeans, tights or short skirts. I need to see your feet, ankles and leg line to fit properly! I prefer no tights because I use PEDS to keep my inventory clean. Wear something comfortable you can do 2nd position plie in and leggings that aren't too tight to roll up to mid calf!
6) Ordering!! I prefer everyone comes into the store before ordering pointe shoes. It's best for everyone! However, if you are over the age of 16 or you're ordering for someone who's foot has not changed over the last year or so, you may call ahead and place an order for a currently worn shoe without coming in. We would suggest you to try them on before picking them up. If you are 15 or under, we prefer you come into the store to be measured and refit, just in case your foot has changed or grown. Our bodies are always changing, including our feet. It is always a good idea to try your shoes on before you leave. We cannot take back special ordered shoes that were not tried on in store so try your shoes on with Patti today!
7) Teacher Check!! If you are required to, have your teacher check your new pointe shoes BEFORE you put the ribbons and elastics on. You may exchange a pair (with receipt) that have not been worn. If they have been sewn or worn, I cannot take them back. If your teacher does not like them for any reason, have her write down what was wrong, bring the receipt and the paperwork and we will refit you for a new pair.